Saturday, August 27, 2011

Encouragement?

I've had lots of comments from kids on my new role in the school. Some of them are under the impression that I have "traded up" to something akin to an assistant principal role. Most, however, made comments along the lines of,

"You belong upstairs!" (i.e. teaching in a regular classroom)

"Come back to us!" (Kids from my advisory last year, who weren't necessarily fans of me then, but would rather have me back than have to get to know a new teacher *perish the thought*)

"So, to hang out with you I HAVE to be in ISS?" (from one of my favorite students, who has no business in In School Suspension- ever)

For the most part, theses are all bitter sweet for me. I love the loyalty, but it wouldn't be behoove me to answer back with, "I know! I wish I were back at my old job too!" HOWEVER, one of my former advisees planted this seed yesterday:

"Ms. Manley, you should be our high school teacher next year...."

No comments:

Post a Comment